Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekend Delight

What is the difference between a regular weekend and an amazing weekend? Generally, the answer involves great people and spectacular weather! This weekend had both, as well as the bonus of Easter.  As you may have gathered from my last post, there has been an unexpected transformation in the way I've been viewing the world lately. While I'm not sure what caused the shift or how long it will last, I feel like my mantra of "love the little things" has finally taken root in my soul.

Friday night, my expectation was to come home, possibly attend Good Friday service, clean a bit, and head to bed early. Instead, I watched a Good Friday video, made frozen pizza for Adam's break, went out for Mexican with a group of teachers, ended up at a local bar (that was a first!), Adam came out after he got off shift, and we danced. I love dancing. It is normally done in my kitchen, but when there is real music and the hubs joins in...the whole world clicks into place.

The sign of a good man: he holds your purse so you can dance.
Saturday morning, we went to Des Moines for an appointment, got Target shopping in, and had a bonus Jimmy John's meal. I found Catholic TV so I could watch the Easter Vigil mass, and I schemed about where to hide the eggs. 

Yes, we are in our late 20's, with no children, but we still hide eggs on Easter. And why wouldn't we? It is so much fun trying to out-hide one another. We have been doing it since our first year living together, and it has become one of my favorite traditions. This year, however, Adam decided to take it one step further...he must have been confused on the holiday, because I woke up to my house rearranged. April Fool's and Easter apparently go hand in hand in his brain. Which is actually quite okay, because for the first ten minutes of being awake, I couldn't stop giggling.

My husband has confused Easter for April Fool's. #atleasthehidtheeggs

So, what does that leave for Sunday? The egg hunt of course! Before Adam was even awake, I had already found three of my eggs, which really feeds into my competitive side. Though in his defense, I found all three by accident. One was in my Kitchen Aid mixer; I baked a cake in the morning. The next was in my yoga mat; I greeted the sun with an Erin Motz session. The final was in the tissue box; that one is pretty self explanatory. 

Happy Easter everyone! Hopefully it is filled with joy, celebration, family, and chocolate!

ps. Stay tuned for this year's Easter cake post!

No comments:

Post a Comment