Friday, April 18, 2014

Loving the Little Things

This week has been good. Maybe just the last 24 hours, but when you have a good day, it seems to overshadow the rest. As school winds down, my anxious wonderful students have started to become antsy, loud, and restless. Currently there is a student teacher in my classroom. He has been full time teaching for the last 4 weeks, but next week, I get some subjects back. I am thrilled! It is just what I need to finish the year strong.

Which leads me to today's post about loving the little things and being in charge of my own happiness!

source

Little things that add up to great joy! 
  • Last weekend was spent with Adam's family in Council Bluffs. There are so many people who do not enjoy their in-laws, but I love mine.  Of course they have quirks, but who doesn't? Plus they welcome me with open arms! 
  • Letters from my old students: this week I received three letters from my Sacred Heart students. It was so nice to hear from them and to know that I meant enough to write to, even after I have moved away. 
  • PUSH-EMS! Do you remember these? Orange sorbet in a tube with a pushing stick on the end? I loved them as a child. Last night, my husband gave me two! Best. Present. Ever. 
  • Grilling out on a cool spring day is the best! Well, maybe it would be better on a warm spring day, but I will take it! Wednesday night, we bought two huge chicken breasts, asparagus, and pasta and went to town with our NEW grill.
  • Which brings me to good deals! Last weekend we bought a new grill. Nothing fancy, just something to get the job done. Though it still has 3 burners, and it does look nice. There was a sign that said $88, so we jumped at the chance. When we were at the register, it rang up for $128! Not the plan! I was about to walk away when they said, "The sign was in the wrong place. Our fault. So, we will give it to you for $88." Score! 

  • Adam threw me over his shoulder and ran around our driveway. I could not stop laughing. 
  • The SUN! Oh the glorious sun! 
  • A clean kitchen: Some people think I'm crazy, but when my kitchen is clean, I'm a much happier person.
  • P.P. in snuggle mode: I am a cat lady, and I don't care. 


  • Recess duty on sunny days
  • Taking back control of my classroom and quiet, happy students
  • And finally, Adam in his bike uniform. He seemed so happy to be wearing it, and I sure do love how it looks!
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, my list of little things that have added up to my great Friday mood. Today, I choose happiness, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment