Wednesday, April 16, 2014

1000 Rep Workout

Yesterday was one of those days that was either going to drive me to Junction Creamery (yum ice cream!) or to a sweaty, get some stress out, gym session. As I sat on the steps of our living room, giving Adam puppy dog eyes, I was inches away from blowing my healthy day with a big, fat sundae...but then, I chose the workout. Proud moment!

I knew Adam would be going to the gym either way, so yet again, I used the hubs as motivation.  We decided to head to the high school gym instead of Snap because it was a leg day for him, and Snap just doesn't have what he needs. I like working out at the high school, but that also means I need to find a workout to do that doesn't involve a cardio machine and HGTV.

To solve my workout dilemma, I browsed my fitness board on Pinterest and came upon the 1000 Rep Workout from Julie Fagan's blog, Peanut Butter Fingers. Her blog is full of great workouts and recipes.   As the name suggests, the 1000 Rep Workout is just that, one thousand reps! It is mainly focused on legs, but has some good overall toning as well. I made a few tweaks to the reps to accommodate my current fitness level. Thus, I'm calling yesterday's version the 900 Rep Workout.



When I was losing motivation half way through, my friend Teresa jumped in and finished it out with me. It was just what I needed!  Grab a friend, give it a try, and let me know what you think! 

Boom! Fitness! 

1 comment:

  1. I like Julie's blog! I get some boot camp ideas from her for my classes. I've not completed this though. Mayyyybe in the near future ;)

    ReplyDelete