Thursday, April 3, 2014

Trouble: Game Night!

I have spend a lot of time reading about healthy marriages in the last few months, and a repeating factor in every book and article is this: if you want to keep your marriage happy, you have to keep dating your spouse! When Adam and I were dating, we used to spend a crazy amount of time together. We quickly became best friends, and any activity was better if the other was involved... Enter adulthood life. While we still love spending time together, real life gets in the way of that more often that we would like.

So, when schedules are crazy, how do you keep your marriage alive and kicking?

Well...you make time. Last night, Adam had another evening off (score!), so we decided to make the best of it. After a Hy-Vee dinner and a formidable workout at the local high school, Adam had a lightbulb moment. Why not take a trip to Wal-Mart (the only store in town), pick up a new board game, and make an evening of it? We ended up buying Trouble for $11 and jumping back into childhood! 

source

Adam was pretty confident about his skills before the game began. 


I swear he is usually quite sweet, but competition brings out the best in all of us. He won the first game, and I was thinking I had a long night ahead of me...


But after game three, he wasn't quite as confident. My Trouble skills were coming back from age 10!



After a few more games, P.P. didn't think we were paying enough attention to her, and she let us know!


Finally, six games had passed and the winner was.....ME! We played winner takes all on game six, and I came out victorious! P.P. was happy to have us calmed down (we are pretty passionate about our gaming skills), and we all cuddled up to watch some Saturday Night Live before bed. 

Overall, it was a fantastic date! I completely agree with all those marriage books. Dating your spouse is the best idea in the world. 

Love my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment