Monday, March 31, 2014

People Pleasing and Breakfast Pizza

2014 has become the year of self awareness in my world. 2013 was full of so many amazing, wonderful, incredible events (became a Mrs., bought a house, went on a honeymoon, etc.) but somehow, amongst all the wonderful, I lost myself. In a time when I should have been focusing on myself, I poured myself into making everyone else happy. It just seemed easier to agree than to fight for what I wanted. All of this people pleasing caught up to me late in the year, so when it came time to make resolutions, I knew exactly what needed to be done.

2014 would be the year of self awareness! I love making other people happy, so I will always have a people pleasing side, but I also vowed to remember that my feelings and opinions were important too. 

Steps I've taken for me:
  1. Join a workout group: I needed to make some friends in our new town, and this has been a perfect plan.
  2. Remember that asking for help around the house is ok: Adam isn't going to love me less if the laundry doesn't get done. We are a team, and he is more than willing to help me out! 
  3. Go to Des Moines/Iowa City/Chariton to hang out with my old friends when the opportunity arises. 
  4. Be creative in the kitchen.
  5. Attend church regularly: For the first five years of my adult life, church was my job! I worked at a Catholic school and loved teaching about God. When we moved, I got lazy and cut out organized religion completely.
The last one has been huge for me. When I ignored my faith, I didn't feel as strong and independent. But now that I'm back on track, I love starting my week at mass. It gets my head and heart ready to tackle whatever the week throws at me. 

Alright, now that I've been emotionally reflective and sappy, it is time to get to the meat of things...literally! For Adam, the best part of my new found church going ways has been the resulting Sunday brunch each week! 

This week was breakfast pizza, and it will be a repeat for sure! The gooey cheese, the crispy bacon...the easy prep! Oh breakfast pizza heaven, here I come!

I really need to invest in a good camera, but I'll have to save up for that! 

I had attempted breakfast pizza in the past, but had never quite understood how Casey's Pizza was so much better! This time I decided not to pre-bake my crust or eggs, and it made a world of difference! The eggy mixture ended up making a slight mess due to the holes in my crust, but a cleverly placed cookie sheet took care of that problem. Plus, any amount of mess would have been fine by me once I bit into this Sunday brunch delight. 

Heavenly Breakfast Pizza
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
  2. Spread pizza crust on a pan. Make sure there are no holes in the dough! It also helps if you keep a lip around the edge to catch your eggy mixture. 
  3. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the crust. 
  4. Whisk eggs and milk together in a small bowl. Pour over mozzarella covered crust. 
  5. Sprinkle half of the bacon on the egg. Cover evenly with cheddar cheese. Top off with the remainder of the bacon. 
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg is firm and crust is slightly browned. 
  7. Take a bite and pat yourself on the back for being such an awesome cook :-)

What are some of your favorite quick and delicious brunch recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment