Friday, March 14, 2014

Notes

In the last 24 hours, I have been on the receiving end of five handwritten notes. I'm not sure about you, but handwritten notes always fill my love bucket in this age of texts, tweets, and emails. Please do not misunderstand; I love how amazing modern technology is. I am, after all, writing this on a blog instead of a diary. Plus, without the previous mentioned technology, I would miss my best friends terribly! Daily emails and multiple texts are how I stay connected! However, there is something amazing about a physically written note in today's technology driven world.

The first note of the day came at 6:15 a.m and stretched about four foot by three foot, covering my bathroom mirror. Adam made sure I knew he was thinking about me even though we didn't get to see much of each other yesterday.

You do so much to keep this house looking great! 
More work than I have time to even give! 
You're awesome! 
Thank you! 
Have a great Friday!
 ps. Use my side of the mirror and I will clean this up :-)

What an amazing way to start my day! Mood booster! Plus, it meant so much more to me in huge print than it would have via text message or email.

The following three notes were from students. One young lady let me know that she thinks I am "the best teacher!"and she was very sorry for her attitude over the last couple of days. The next note came with a Hello Kitty drawing and a message to let me know she would keep drawing for me until she went to middle school because I was the best. Finally, I had an anonymous note...

You teach math so I can understand. Nobody had done that before. Thank you!

I think the last one struck my heart the most. Going into this school year, I was most concerned with how I was going to teach 5th grade math. It had been years since I had used an exponent or did long division with decimals, so I have focused hard on teaching to the ten year old brain. It is nice to know it is paying off.

The final note of the day might be my overall favorite. Adam came home for a late dinner, and just before he left, silliness ensued. Somehow we go into a mock case interview about and "incident" I had "encountered". He took out his notepad and started jotting down notes. I was laughing because he was being so serious in such a funny moment. When the interview was over (AKA, dispatch called him back out) he ripped out his notes and handed them to me. Here is what they said...



Life was good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment