Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weirdly Great Day

Have you ever had one of those days that just plain brings happiness? There may be no particular reason or contributing factor, other than you woke up on the right side of the bed. Those days that you feel like you could handle whatever gets thrown at you...because surly nothing will get thrown you to today! Today was one of those days for me.

I think it all started last night around 10:45, when Adam came in to check on me when he got off shift. I heard him get home, but wasn't really expecting to see him. He is currently on the swing shift and sleeps during the day. Then, creeeeek, the bedroom door opened, and Adam snuggled into bed with me for a little while. It may sound strange, but it was such a nice treat to see him, especially when I didn't think I would. This one small thing set the happy stage for the next 24 hours.

Needless to say, when my alarm went off this morning, I was in a great mood. I leisurely checked social media, lazily did my hair, made cinnamon raisin oatmeal, and made my way to school. My student teacher was in charge today, so I came prepared. Stacks of grades have been calling my name for the last week, so I got right to work. At 11:00 I went over to the high school to take part in career day and even hastily grabbed coffee at the gas station on my way back to the elementary. Is that how people with non-teaching jobs feel at lunch time? Amazing! Then I spent my afternoon with students who I have been dying to work one-on-one with, but never could find the time before. Did I mention I also input all my grades in the online grade book and put up a Leader in Me bulletin board? Apparently this giving up control of my room thing may be super beneficial for my to-do list.

Tonight was filled with a random meet with Adam that consisted of a hug and a high five, taco salad, and a kick butt workout with some new friends.

It really is staggering how different a day can be when I embrace Queen Elsa's attitude and just "Let it Go"!


Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment