Monday, March 10, 2014

Sad to See the Weekend Go

There are people in this world who you can just be silly with, and it is with those people that I want to surround myself. One of the reasons I fell for Adam was because we had such a blast together, and he never judged my kitchen dancing, shower singing, or random urges to speak in an accent. So, being silly is important. This silly concept is also a reason why I am such peas in a pod with Mrs. Emily. This weekend we went Iowa City in celebration of her birthday, and it was just about perfect. We ate yummy food, did some shopping, and got our nails done.



However, my absolute favorite moment of the weekend came from the above mentioned silliness. When Emily and I lived together right out of college, we used to get home from work on Friday nights, pop a bottle of Andre, and blast music while we got ready for an night out. A typical early 20's weekend! On every one of these evenings, there was dancing. It didn't really matter where, though it usually culminated in the kitchen.

Over the last few years, we have both calmed down quite a bit; adult responsibilities and husbands will do that. Friday evenings are no longer about going out, but more about recovery from a long work week. And most of the time, I love the evenings spend with the hubs or Netflix...but this Friday, we brought back dancing! After an incredibly fun dinner at Konomi, we all headed back to the Miska's for drinks. Drinks turned into the boys relaxing while the girls danced like nobody was watching, for hours, to our favorites: Whitney, Celine, Idina, and more. Our friend Mere has quite the way with a playlist! My heart was overflowing with happiness. I am so thankful for those moments!

We ate at a delicious Argentinean restaurant Saturday night, and later on, Emily's face lit up when she found out we were playing Catch Phrase. That girl is a competitor in all she does, so I was quite pleased to be on her team. We ate bulldog birthday cake, and slept in on Sunday morning.


At some point in the weekend Adam pulled me over, kissed me on the forehead and said, "I've missed that smile." I realized I had too. It has been a long time since I've had that much carefree, silly fun, and I'm so glad it happened this weekend.

Even cake can be eaten with chopsticks! #lentenpromise

No comments:

Post a Comment