Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sisters Plus 1

During Ashlynn's birthday last weekend, her sisters decided we should all find a time to get pedicures together. Ash and I thought it was a great idea, but coordinating a college student, a pharmacy student, full time construction engineer/mom, and a teacher's schedules seemed like a daunting task. For months, the four of us had been talking about an IKEA trip, but every time we got close...something got in our way. So when only one week passed from idea to pedi fruition, I was thrilled!

Toe Makeovers! Photo credit to Ailey
A little background: I didn't grow up with sisters. What I did grow up with was my older brother Christopher and a giant imagination. My imagination entertained me for quite a few years (thank you farm life where you have to make your own entertainment), but there comes a time when a girl needs something a bit more real. In high school, Ashlynn became that sister I wished for and has never wavered from the position. One of the best parts of adopting Ash into my family, was being adopted into hers!  Ash is the oldest of four; three girls and one boy. They were all pretty young when I came along, so I quickly became Aunt Molly. I loved having a place in a bigger family, but I love it even more now that we're older.

Ashlynn's whole family at our wedding
On Saturday night, Ashlynn, Ailey, Mariah, and I started our evening at Venetian Nails and followed it up with a night of tapas at Trostel's Dish. The restaurant has a high class atmosphere with a laid back bar undertone. There was even a two man acoustic band playing, which added a jovial vibe. Have you ever been to a tapas place? Basically you order several small dishes to share with the group. Yum!  We went through four rounds of delicious world wide foods, topped off with a dessert sampler. Double yum! I wish I would have thought to take some pictures this weekend, but I was so wrapped up in the conversations and fun, it didn't even cross my mind.

When Ashlynn dropped me at home Saturday night, I wasn't ready for the night to end. Hanging out with those girls is good for my soul, and hopefully we get to do it more often.


2 comments:

  1. Love this! We really need to do this more often. Makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete