Thursday, September 11, 2014

August Date: The Zoo!

As I started thinking about my date with Adam tonight, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to tell you about our August 12 Dates for Christmas! How foolish of me!

Never fear, I'm making up for it now...even if is a short rendition. After all, the date was a month and a half ago, so the details are slightly fuzzy.

What I do remember is that things were going to be a little hectic in August and this date had to happen on a Wednesday because of Zoo Brew. So I decided to let the hubs open both the July and the August envelopes in July. In the end, that was the best decision because we had our July "camping" date in August and our August zoo date in July!

Here is the August envelope Adam opened way back when...

AUGUST

Are you ready for a safari? Well, I couldn’t quite 

afford a trip to Africa, but I have planned the 

next best 2-part date...mini golf and the Zoo 

Brew! Do you remember the first time we did the 

same 2-part date a few years go? It was one of 

my favorite days with you, so why not go back 

for more?


We love mini golf! Looking back, we could have capped the date off with that, but who doesn't like a double feature of golf balls and exotic animals?

In my version of the day, I came out victorious after 18 mini holes! But like I mentioned, the date was a while ago, so I can't be positive...but I look pretty happy in the pictures.



Zoo Brew ended up being a packed house, so we didn't stay as long as we had thought. Neither of us like having to push our way through crowds. We stayed long enough to see all the animals and have a couple drinks.


Adam with a Bald Eagle...get it? ;-)

Just as we were walking out, another couple from home called to see if we were there. Sadly, once you leave, there is no reentry. Talk about bummer timing!

The Snap we sent the Millers when we found out we JUST missed them at the zoo.
We didn't make it to Adventureland either...

Have I mentioned lately how happy I am with my choice for Adam's Christmas present? Because it has literally been the best gift I have ever given...in my humble opinion... We have a third of the dates left, and I can't wait to see/remember all that is planned.

With Adam's wonky schedule, I cherish each and every date!


No comments:

Post a Comment