Friday, September 5, 2014

Glorious Nerd Alert

I have always known that I'm a bit weird... a bit nerdy... a bit awesome! While I enjoy and conform in many activities, there are several others in which I'm a complete nerd/weirdo...and I love that!

Throughout my life, I've been able to relate and interact enthusiastically with all sorts of people. You love football? Great! You want to be a rocket scientist? Amazing! You're really into Minecraft? I know nothing about that, but if it makes you happy, I'm happy for you!

Being a bit weird adds excitement and adventure to my world at its best, and laughter and love at its worst.

Last night, this "nerd" thing was the center of my evening. We invited another couple over for dinner and...wait for it...Harry Potter Seen It! There is nothing like a group of 20 somethings sitting around yelling at a screen things like, "Expecto Protronum!" and, "How could you do it Peter Pettigrew!?".  I felt like I was back in middle school, immersing myself in each new book that was released, but instead I am a 29 year old school teacher who is quite thankful to have found friends as nerdy as herself!

In all honesty, I wasn't even the nerdiest contestant! Our friend James knew virtually every answer, before we even read the card! Teresa, Adam and I sat in stunned awe and amazement at his plethora of HP knowledge. That dude was a rock star. He was halfway around the board before the rest of us left the first circle!

Look closely. James is the flying snitch on the right. The rest of us are still way up on the left...he was good!

All in all, it was a great night! They even endured delighted in my sugar free cooking! Our new staple is a version of Spanish cauliflower rice, We love this stuff, so you should really check out the recipe here. I also made sugar free pumpkin muffins, but sadly, that recipe isn't worth sharing.

Yay for a sugar free, Harry Potter filled, fun night! May you have a Orchideous filled day! <--Yep, nerd alert and loving it!





No comments:

Post a Comment