Saturday, August 9, 2014

July Date...In August


We have finally gotten to our July date! Below is what Adam found in his 12 Dates of Christmas envelope this month.



JULY
This month we are going to gaze at the stars and dream! First, I think it is time to buy that tent we’ve always talked about. Then I’ll pack some food, and we can enjoy nature. The beautiful nature trail right behind the house will give us plenty of places to set up camp. S’mores are calling your name!  While we’re out there, we can rekindle our connection with fun and games. 
Will you keep me warm out in the cold?


To be honest, this month has been a busy one. I would love to say we jumped right at the opportunity to go camping...but we simply didn't get to it! The first week of July was spent on vacation with my family. During the following two weeks, I was staying with Emily and working toward my TAG endorsement at the University of Iowa. We were rearing and ready to go when I returned...but then I decided to have an emergency appendectomy. 

What are you gonna do?

After all of the hubbub, we seriously considered skipping this month. But the thought of skipping a month made me all sorts of upset. We have gotten so much out of these monthly dates! We love them! So instead of skipping the whole thing, we improvised, tweaked, and made it our own. 

Did you expect anything less? 

While I'm feeling quite a bit better after loosing a useless and deadly organ, my core strength isn't top notch, and I still have incisions to keep clean. Taking all of that into account, being in the wonderful wild did not seem like the smartest of ideas. 

Introducing: the camping date in the sunroom! Adam pulled the futon mattress to the middle of the room, we made some not so good for you food, and stared at the stars (also known as Target bistro lights). 





I got to lay next to my wonderful husband, and P.P. was able to join the fun. And the major bonus? We were able to avoid any nasty mosquito bites! 








It was the perfect compromise, and I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment