Friday, September 26, 2014

20 Minute Challenge

*Update: Since writing about the 20 minute challenge, I realized that the original hashtag was utilized by a bunch of 20 year olds during their birthday celebrations...while fun, not exactly the get moving with fitness movement we were going for. So we've changed the hashtag to #20MOVEment . Spread the word and the motivation!


The challenge is on!

Two weeks ago, my friend Emily and I started "challenging" each other to up the quota of our daily fitness. After my appendicitis, most of my fitness motivation went out the window. It started because I wasn't sure what exercises were allowed and continued because I had fallen out of a routine. While I still wanted to be active, getting over my mental block wasn't going so well.

Enter the challenge: at least twenty minutes of daily exercise and half your body weight in water. Emily chose to "start drinking more water" as her second half, which is perfect because you've got to start somewhere! Twenty minutes may not sound like much, but the point was to get us moving with the hopes that once the mental wall had been broken down, we would keep going. Not to mention, when life gets busy, it is much harder to imagine giving up an hour-plus at the gym than it is a few downward dogs with Erin Motz.

The challenge has been delightful!  It immediately got my blood flowing, and the daily snaps accompanied by the hash-tag #20, bring a smile to my face. Even Adam has gotten on board to see if we've sent our daily message confirming challenge participation!

But, as with anything, my motivation is starting to lag again...so, guess what?

The challenge is on! Join us! Let's make it a movement, no matter how small! Get those bodies moving and help motivate one another! Who's in?!

The Challenge Is On! #20movement


How cool would it be if #20movement became a thing?

love.

2 comments:

  1. 1) I had no idea you had a blog! Not that I'm surprised one bit :) You have a way with words my friend!
    2) Love your girls' motivation!
    3) I feel good about my movement (most days) but stink at documenting it.
    4) You rock!

    ReplyDelete