Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Good Times Jar


There are periods of every person's life where they realize a focus on the joys has taken a backseat to a focus on the frustrations. Things sneak up, build up, and eventually those little pleasures are forgotten.

But aren't those little things what really make life amazing?

Yesterday, Adam worked an overnight shift, got home around 6:30AM, and then had to be back up for court by 8:30AM. He was hoping for a short session, but four hours later, he still wasn't home. To be honest, I was expecting a bucket full of crabby husband when he made it back, but that wasn't the case.

In to our home bounded a jovial, light on his feet chap instead! He spun me around, hugged me close, and told me, "My life is wonderful! I have an amazing wife, a beautiful home, a career I have always wanted, and an annoying cat." (Poor PP, he didn't mean it!) His sentiments reminded me that I was not off track in the crafty creation I had been working on while he was gone...

Good Times Jar



I'm not sure where I saw this the first time, but I know Pinterest had a hand in it. The idea is to have a place to keep all your precious joys throughout the year, to be opened on the following New Year's Eve. It helps to refocus your family on how many good things really do happen in the span of a year.

With the help of a little Modge Podge and glitter, transforming a few leftover from the wedding mason jars into Good Times Jars was easy as pie. Plus, I now have glitter all over my living room...sorry honey!



Start by taping off the design you would like on your jar. I made a few half dipped and a few total glitter glories! Then it is a simple as painting on some Modge Podge and sprinkling fine glitter on top.  For a little something extra, I painted the lids with chalkboard paint and made a little label.


This project started as a way for Adam and I to make our own happy tradition, but it ended up being an inexpensive (yet totally cute!) gift for a few good friends. I'm even thinking about giving to a couple who's wedding we are celebrating this weekend (I'll include a little cash of course ;-)).



So what do you think? Is this a project that could help you remember those amazing little things? Those things that add up to great, big joys?

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment