Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stress: Relieve it Through Fitness

Life has been a glorious, stressful, jam-packed tailspin for me lately. I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water, and I'm not even a college student with finals coming up. Though sometimes, the end of an elementary school year feels about as taxing. After biome week, I felt like I would be riding high and fancy free...but those were thoughts of a crazy woman.

Other than looking at the positive (which always helps), how do you compartmentalize and digest your stress?

One thing I am trying to do when I feel this way is to relieve some of the stress with fitness, not food. I had previously been doing a boot camp here in town, but decided it wasn't working for me anymore. I was no longer having fun with it and found myself dreading going. It was one more thing on my "Ugh! Do I have to?" list, so it went to the wayside.

Instead, I have started working out with a friend here in town a few days a week and with the hubs when schedules allow.

Here is a rundown of a couple quick workouts I've done in the last few days.




Repeat each round 3-4 times, depending on time and energy!

I plan to do two leg and two arm days per week. But don't you worry, I haven't forgotten my love of yoga. Please enjoy the wonderful Erin Motz for a quick stress relief session below... it was exactly the restoration I needed.

Erin Motz is the BEST! Check out her website and the 30 day challenge


Only 13 days of school left...I've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment