Friday, May 23, 2014

May Date: Farmers' Market Fun

I say it every month, and I will continue to say it: the 12 dates for Christmas is the BEST! I love the tradition. I am in love with the tradition. I will be so sad when this year is over.


MAY
Beep, beep, beep. Get ready to wake up and get moving! We are on our way to the Farmer’s Market this month. Let’s people watch, drink yummy coffee, and maybe buy ourselves some treats!

* As a disclaimer, if you are still on nights (boo if you are), we can reschedule this date for some fun evening activity…


While Adam IS still on nights part of the time, it worked out that this Saturday event landed after a 2-10 shift. Winning! 

This month was planned as a simple Saturday day date. We were going to the Des Moines Farmer's Market, doing a little people watching, and drinking expensive coffee. It was going to be relaxing and just the two of us...but we switched it up a bit!


My friend, Amy, is celebrating her golden birthday this year, and her loving boyfriend wanted to surprise her with a friend day starting at the farmer's market. Even though it was supposed to be a date day, we decided to seize the chance to catch up with friends we haven't seen since our wedding.

Happy birthday, Amy! 

To add a little fun to the day, we rented bikes and rode round the East Village. We had so much fun! There is something about being on a bike with a basket that brings you immediately back to childhood! Adam was trying to pop wheelies, I was zooming along, and the sun was shining.


Adam on a basket bike mission!
Note to the reader, read the instructions on Bcycle carefully! I thought I was paying $6.00 for a 24 hour bike pass. However, that was just the charge for the day membership. It was an additional $2.50 for every hour. That adds up over a nine hour period! 

After the Village, we sat out on the porch at Hessen Haus, a great German pub downtown. A few people in our group had never done a boot before, so Das Booooot had to happen. Then we rode over to Exile Brewery and were on our way home for some comfy couch time by 10:00 pm.
Hessen Haus 

Toward the end of the evening, Adam commented on how wonderful the date had been. I loved hearing him say it, though I had a feeling he had enjoyed himself. Throughout the day, I kept catching him gazing at me with that goofy/handsome/loving grin he used to get when we first started dating. Being loved by that guy is the best feeling in the world.

Cheers from the sunny patio!
A successful May date!
Up next, our one year anniversary date! I've got something extra special up my sleeve for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment