Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Three Day Diet: We're Going to the Beach!

My name is Molly, and I am an addict...of travel. My addiction started at a young age because my mom was always looking for ways to keep her children "well rounded". This desire generally meant trips to Chicago to visit her family or to Florida to get away from the Iowa weather. In my early/mid twenties, my addiction was easily fed because I was young, single, and I had very few obligations to adult life. Every school break was filled with trips to Colorado, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, and beyond. The older I have become (and the financial responsibilities that come with age), the harder it has been to "get my fix," and I haven't been on a plane for almost a year.

Yes, I know saying I haven't been on a plane in almost a year sounds pretty snooty, but I have a problem.

However, thanks to my rock star husband, I've planned a trip to keep me going! Praise the Lord! For our one year anniversary (wow!), we are going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I haven't stopped grinning since we booked the trip through Orbitz. We got a great deal by packaging flight, hotel, and car rental, saving almost $500! I. Love. A. Good. Deal.

Hold up. Did I just say beach? Does that mean swimsuit season is upon me? Indeed it does. I have been proud of my physical progress over the last couple of months, but I'm not exactly where I want to be yet. We leave for the beach in a few short weeks, and I want to do everything I can to keep my confidence high. Nothing ruins a beach day faster than feeling self-conscious in your suit! Which is why I'm sharing "The Three Day Diet" with you.

The Three Day Diet is an app I found before my wedding last year for $1.99. It is all over the internet for free, and derives from what they call "military" eating. For three days, you have a set diet. You are to eat the food on the list, all the food on the list, and only the food on the list. Then you take four days to eat normally, within reason, and finally, repeat the cycle. The first time I tried it, I lost 8 pound in three days!

The Three Day Diet
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
BREAKFAST
Black Coffee or Tea
1/2 Grapefruit or Juice
1 Slice of Dry Toast
1 Tbsp. of Peanut Butter
BREAKFAST
Black Coffee or Tea
1 Egg
1 Slice of Dry Toast
1/2 Banana
BREAKFAST
Black Coffee or Tea
5 Saltine Crackers
1 Oz. of Cheddar Cheese
1 Small Apple
LUNCH
Black Coffee or Tea
1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 Slice of Dry Toast
LUNCH
Black Coffee or Tea
1 Cup of Cottage Cheese or 1/2 Cup of Tuna
 5 Saltine Crackers
LUNCH
Black Coffee or Tea
1 Hard-Boiled Egg
1 Slice of Dry Toast
DINNER
3 Oz. any Lean Meat
1 Cup String Beans
1 Cup Carrots or Beets
1 Small Apple
1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
DINNER
2 Beef Franks
1 Cup Cabbage or Broccoli
1/2 Cup Carrots or Turnip Greens
1/2 Banana
1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
DINNER
1 Cup Tuna
1 Cup Beans or Cauliflower
1 Cup Carrots or Beets
1 Cup Melon
1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream


I plan on doing the diet once a week until the trip. The most challenging part for me is not snacking between meals. This diet has shown me what a crutch mindless snacking is for me! The BEST part is that I get ice cream every day. Now, who can argue with a diet like that?

Goodbye snacking. Hello, Myrtle Beach body!

1 comment: