Sunday, August 3, 2014

Appendix Update: Lucky Lady


Sometimes things happen. Things that are not pleasant, not happy, not fun. But alas, they must happen.

That is what this appendectomy is to me. It is a thing that had to happen, and I'm so thankful it chose the right time! I'm on summer vacation with no obligations for at least three more days. Plus, my parents are retired and have been able to be here to help each day. Plus Adam checks in whenever the opportunity arrises. He has been an absolute stud. Nonetheless, I found myself starting to get a little frustrated and isolated today.

But here is the thing, I could sit here and wallow about being laid up, or I could make a checklist of victories. I'm choosing the victories.

Silly Little Victories: by Mrs. Appendix-less Fitz

  1. Yesterday, I laid down in bed without any help. 
  2. I made myself some toast.
  3. I sat in a chair for an hour. 
  4. I got out of bed and into the bathroom...all on my own!
  5. I'm eating real food. 
  6. My breathing machine is becoming easier each time. 
  7. P.P. seems to know I'm not doing so well and has been on excellent behavior. 
At this rate, I'll be back to normal in no time. No need to wallow. I choose the positive.


P.P the protector
Bringing me food on his dinner break

Not a pretty picture, but I'm proud that I made toast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment