Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Maximize My Summer

School has been out for three weeks now, but I feel like yesterday was my first official day of summer. Why, you ask? Because yesterday was the first day I got into my "summer routine". The previous three weeks were filled with Myrtle Beach, working on the sunroom, and teaching a half day TAG camp.

Interjection: I am ridiculously excited for my new talented and gifted position! I haven't been this excited for my job since...well, probably my first year of teaching!

Back to my summer routine: a few summers ago, Ashlynn and I had a crazy idea that competing in triathlons would be fun. We found training schedules, kept tabs on each other, and completed two sprint triathlons.

That crazy idea turned out to be a blast. In all of my adult life, that was the happiest I have felt in my own skin. I would start each morning with a bike ride, followed by a mid day swim, and complete the day with a run/walk. I felt accomplished, and I loved my routine!

Well, guess what Ashlynn! My summer routine is back! Though it is geared a bit more toward my weight loss goals and less toward putting my body through a triathlon ringer. My new routine consists of yoga in the morning, a mid day swim, and weight lifting in the afternoon.

Would you like to know the best part? I did some research and found out that our wonderful little town has FREE adult lap swim time and FREE use of the high school weight room for teachers. Plus, I have a lifetime membership to My Yoga Pro, so my whole summer routine is costing me approximately zero dollars!

Cute butt, tight abs, and no dough spent? Sounds about perfect to me!

I LOVE SUMMER!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sign me up!...But I need to find the gumption first.

    ReplyDelete