Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June Date: Anniversary Trip

We made it! The first year of marriage is rough, but when I was writing the 12 dates for Christmas, I knew we would make it somehow.

June is our anniversary month, the month I am free from students, and the beginning of summer, so it was only fitting that our June date be a big one! It was so big that Adam opened his envelope a few weeks early.  Inside I placed a $200 Visa giftcard and the following note.

JUNE
Happy Anniversary my love! Can you believe it has already been one whole year? I am so blessed to get to call you the love of my life, my best friend, and my husband.
This month I want to spend a weekend ADVENTURE together, but lucky us, it is SUMMER so a weekend could be any day of the week! I didn’t fully prepay for this one, because I’m giving you a couple choices.
1) Run away with me to KC! We are going to the WWII museum, Worlds of Fun, and possibly a Pure Barre class for me…
2) We’re going to Adventureland! We can get a room, swim up bar, park during the day, Bass Pro Shop for you…
3) We can plan another vacation altogether!  I just want to get away and love on YOU!

I love watching him open these envelopes every month, but this one was especially wonderful.  For fear of ruining his Superman reputation, I'm not going to tell you how excited he was for our celebration trip or how thrilled I was when he swept me up in his arms and danced me around the kitchen...like I said, I don't want to ruin his rep...but it was pretty darn cute!

In true Christmas date fashion, we expanded upon the original plan. Shocking.  After much debate (and even booking and canceling a trip to Florida) we landed on a week in Myrtle Beach! Here are a few pictures from the week so far. Stay tuned for more to come!

#rhymeswithturtle







No comments:

Post a Comment