Sunday, June 8, 2014

June Date: Part II


I wasn't so sure about Myrtle Beach on our first night, but by the end, I could not have been happier.  There is something incredible about laying in the sun, sipping wine, and reconnecting with your parter in life. I have alluded to it before, but the first year of our marriage was a tough one. Between all the firsts and the academy, we had lost our way. I had lost my way.

But this trip was the solidification of having our feet back on solid ground...or maybe back up in the lovebird clouds! During the first few years of our relationship we were annoyingly in love, and I'm happy to inform my friends that they should be prepared for the sappy couple to be back in action.

Happy 365 to Adam! Here are a few more shots from our trip, and our one year celebration!



One of my favorite days was spent playing ocean side mini golf and exploring Broadway at the Beach and Wonder Works. On hole 14 of golf, a sappy song came over the speakers and we danced. I felt like I was in some sort of romantic movie; on a rooftop, the ocean in the background, dancing with my husband. I don't think there is any better way to make me smile.


Wonder Works also had a very cool ropes course. They put a harness on us and let us explore tightropes, obstacles and more, all while 20-40 feet in the air! So fun!


Then there was the night of boardwalk fun. The people of Myrtle Beach are obsessed with ferris wheels! I counted four just in our neighborhood!



And of course, there was tons of fun in the sun! 


We got home a couple days ago, and today we celebrated our actual one year anniversary. So, after a week of celebration by the beach, what do you do on the real day? Snuggle on the couch with the top tier of your cake, a bottle of bubbles from the wedding, and Frozen on the TV! 


To many more years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment