Friday, November 14, 2014

Pasta Sauce Upgrade

I keep experimenting with different ways to enjoy my previously loved foods (read:PASTA with meat sauce) now that I am sugar free. To be very honest, it isn't always easy! A few weeks ago, I posted about my new favorite cauliflower pizza, which included a sauce recipe. Since then, I have continued to play and think I've made a few improvements.



Behold, a refined sugar-free pasta sauce!

Sauce


  • 1 medium jalapeno (seeds removed)
  •  3 Roma tomatoes, sliced (optional)
  • 4 large cloves garlic
  • Large sweet onion (chopped)
  • 1T Italian seasoning
  • 2 T balsamic vinegar 
  • 2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
  • 1.5 lbs sausage or ground beef
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place jalapeno, Roma tomatoes, garlic, and onion in a 9x13 roasting pan and cook for 45-50 minutes.  
  2. Once caramelized and delicious, place in a food processor along with the Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and roasted tomatoes.  Pulse until desired consistency is achieved. How easy is that?
  3. Brown beef/sausage and add the processed mixture. Bring to a boil and cook down for 5-10 minutes. The longer it cooks, the sweeter it becomes. 
Boom! Done! Delicious...though I'm sure I'll change it twelve more times ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment