Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Used to Write

I used to write. I would write about the sun, the moon, the way the song on the radio made me feel or the cattle in our family fields. I would write about my middle school crushes, my parent annoyances, and my big city plans. I would write letters to loved ones, world religion papers, and college essays. I would write on the best way to motivate students, the psychology of the teen mind, and my teaching philosophy. I even wrote a 50 plus page thesis on student achievement in the subject area of reading comprehension...and that is when I stopped writing for fun and started writing when only I had to.

But I miss it.

I've missed what the act of writing does to my heart. It is a release and a realization. Expressing my words on a piece of paper (or a computer screen) helps me to analyze and to understand what is going on in my world. And lately, there is quite a lot going on in my world.

Don't get me wrong, I write something every single day. I write grocery lists, emails and notes to my husband. I write things like, "Is this your best effort?" and, "I love the way you were thinking about this!" on student work. But I want to start writing for me; for enjoyment.  And that is what this new blog endeavor is all about.

Let the writing begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment